NoName FAshion

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday, September 30, 2019

Everything I Wish I Learned About Plan B One-Step® in Sex Ed

Personal opinions and thoughts within this post are my own. This post was developed in collaboration with Plan B One-Step®



Did you know that September is Sexual Health Awareness Month?! 

With that being said, I’m so excited to partner with Plan B One-Step® emergency contraception and
open up a conversation about women’s sexual health—a topic I rarely see discussed on social media. As y’all know, I pride myself on being completely open and honest with you guys, so I’m really excited to partner with Plan B again to share and educate on the importance of always taking control of your reproductive health, no matter the situation. It’s important for me to use my platform to share topics that really matter to me, sexual health being one of them.

Growing up in Texas, I wasn’t exactly well-informed about sexual health, and my teachers definitely did not discuss emergency contraception in our Sex Ed classes. Here’s everything I wish I learned in Sex Ed about emergency contraception, your backup option for when ‘plan a’ fails. 

First of all, we were never told what to do if the condom breaks, if you miss a dose of birth control, or if birth control wasn’t used at all. Not knowing all the facts as a teen and even in my early twenties left me feeling unprepared, which is a super scary feeling when it comes to sexual health.

So, in case you had the same experience as me in your Sex Ed 101 class, I’m here to tell you the facts! Plan B One-Step is an emergency contraceptive that helps prevent pregnancy BEFORE it begins, by delaying ovulation. It should be taken within 72 hours after unprotected sex or birth control failure, the sooner it’s taken, the better it works! Plan B One-Step in no way hurts a woman’s chance of getting pregnant in the future, and also contains the same ingredient that’s used in popular kinds of birth control pills, just at a single, higher dose. Plan B One-Step is available right off the shelf at all major retailers for anyone to purchase, and no prescription or ID is required.
If birth control failure happens, whether I forget to take a pill or have a lack of contraception (which we all agree should not happen!) I know I have a backup plan I can feel confident in thanks to Plan B. 

I’m so excited that I can be a voice and advocate for women so that they too can have that same peace of mind that I have after being educated on all of the ins and outs of Plan B. Everyone should feel empowered in making the decision to take control of their sexual health.

For more info, check out how Plan B helps prevent pregnancy. I’m so proud to be a voice in informing and empowering ladies to take control over their reproductive health this Sexual Health Awareness Month! Tell me – what do you wish you
learned in Sex Ed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot